Renovate is a program that does automated dependency updates. Multi-platform and multi-language.
Why use Renovate?
- Get pull requests to update your dependencies and lock files.
- Reduce noise by scheduling when Renovate creates PRs.
- Renovate finds relevant package files automatically, including in monorepos.
- You can customize the bot's behavior with configuration files.
- Share your configuration with ESLint-like config presets.
- Get replacement PRs to migrate from a deprecated dependency to the community suggested replacement (npm packages only).
- Open source.
- Popular (more than 9.7k stars and 1.3k forks)
- Beautifully integrate with main Git web applications (Gitea, Gitlab, Github).
- It supports most important languages: Python, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Ansible, Node, ...
Behind the scenes⚑
How Renovate updates a package file⚑
- Scans your repositories to detect package files and their dependencies.
- Checks if any newer versions exist.
- Raises Pull Requests for available updates.
The Pull Requests patch the package files directly, and include Release Notes for the newer versions (if they are available).
- You'll get separate Pull Requests for each dependency.
- Major updates are kept separate from non-major updates.