Park programming is as you may guess, programming in parks, something I'm trying these days, let's see how it goes.
How to park program⚑
To get the best experience out of it I've seen that before you get out it's good to:
- Store music in a directory so you don't have to stream it online.
- Find the best spots.
- Find the best times.
- Get out of your dark themed comfort zone and configure a light theme for the windows you're going to use.
- Put on sun screen!
- Bring enough water.
- Bring a small cushion for the ass, and maybe another for the back.
- Pee before going out.
- Go with someone. I haven't yet tried how comfortable is park pair programming though.
While you're at it:
- Teether the internet from the mobile.
- Use headphones, be respectful
- Sit well, with your back straight.
Find the best spots⚑
The best spots are the ones that meet the next criteria:
- Quiet places with few human transit.
- Green surrounding environment.
- Pleasant heat, sunlight and humidity.
- Correct seat height.
- Has laptop support.
- Seat with back support.
- Far from bugs.
So far the best spots I've found have been:
- Benches in parks.
- Chess desks.
Look out for different spots to fulfill the different scenarios in terms of amount of heat and sunlight.
Find the best times⚑
The best times are the ones that maximize the best spots criteria so:
- Weekdays over weekend
- Early mornings and late afternoons on summer, middle day on spring and autumn.
By doing park programming you:
- Move your ass out of your lair.
- Get a sun bath
- Breath fresh open air.
- Get to smile at passing by dogs or enjoy seeing them play.
- See trees and nature.
- Get higher chances to interact with other humans.
- You'll probably don't be as comfortable as in your common development place.
Last update: 2022-04-29