8th Week of 2021
- New: Compare Nagios and Prometheus as monitoring.
Correction: Improve the comparison.
- State that nagios is not easy to configure. If you're used to it it is, otherwise it's not.
- Add that grafana has a huge community building graphs.
- Mention Thanos as the long term storage solution for Prometheus.
Correction: Add the insights of a nagios power user.
- Update open source and community analysis with nagios exchange.
- Correct nagios community analysis with its trajectory
- Correct the analysis of the high availability of nagios
- Add the option to host the script exporter in a dedicated server
Improvement: Explain how to get the working directory of a repo.
New: Explain how to use Jinja2.
Jinja2 is a modern and designer- friendly templating language for Python, modelled after Django’s templates. It is fast, widely used and secure with the optional sandboxed template execution environment.
Add installation, usage and basic and advanced template guidelines.
New: Add today's issues.
- Gadgetbridge improvements
- Ombi improvements
Improvement: Monitor today's issues.
- Mkdocs migration to 7.x is giving errors with the search bar and repo stats.
Amazfit Band 5⚑
New: Add insights on sleep detection.
The sleep tracking using Gadgetbridge is not good at all. After two nights, the band has not been able to detect when I woke in the middle of the night, or when I really woke up, as I usually stay in the bed for a time before standing up. I'll try with the proprietary application soon and compare results.
New: Explain how to upgrade the firmware.
Gadgetbridge people have a guide on how to upgrade the firmware, you need to get the firmware from the geek doing forum though, so it is interesting to create an account and watch the post.
Improvement: Add insights on sleep tracking.
You can't use the Withings sleep analyzer without their app (as expected), maybe the Emfit QS is the way to go.
New: Introduce the fitness band in your life automation.
Fitness tracker or activity trackers are devices or applications for monitoring and tracking fitness- related metrics such as distance walked or run, calorie consumption, and in some cases heartbeat. It is a type of wearable computer.
Explain also why it's interesting
- New: Add more guidelines to reverse engineer the band protocol.
Correction: Deprecate mkdocs issues.
They've been fixed in the last release