February of 2021
- New: Simplify the landing page text.
- New: Feature mkdocs-rss-plugin as a solution of publishing mkdocs updates as an RSS.
- New: Add a git issue tracker and markdown formatter.
- New: Comment on the DevOps pitfalls and update the learn path.
- New: Compare Nagios and Prometheus as monitoring.
Correction: Improve the comparison.
- State that nagios is not easy to configure. If you're used to it it is, otherwise it's not.
- Add that grafana has a huge community building graphs.
- Mention Thanos as the long term storage solution for Prometheus.
Correction: Add the insights of a nagios power user.
- Update open source and community analysis with nagios exchange.
- Correct nagios community analysis with its trajectory
- Correct the analysis of the high availability of nagios
- Add the option to host the script exporter in a dedicated server
New: Introduce the python library.
GitPython is a python library used to interact with git repositories, high-level like git-porcelain, or low-level like git-plumbing.
It provides abstractions of git objects for easy access of repository data, and additionally allows you to access the git repository more directly using either a pure python implementation, or the faster, but more resource intensive git command implementation.
Explain how to:
- Initialize or load repositories.
- Make commits.
- Interact with the history.
- Test applications that use it.
Improvement: Explain how to get the working directory of a repo.
New: Explain how to use Jinja2.
Jinja2 is a modern and designer- friendly templating language for Python, modelled after Django’s templates. It is fast, widely used and secure with the optional sandboxed template execution environment.
Add installation, usage and basic and advanced template guidelines.
New: Add today's learned python tricks.
- Get system's timezone and use it in datetime.
- Capitalize a sentence.
- Get the last monday datetime.
- Explain how to group a list of dictionaries by a specific key.
New: Introduce the issue tracking document.
I haven't found a tool to monitor the context it made me track certain software issues, so I get lost when updates come. Until a tool shows up, I'll use the good old markdown to keep track of them.
New: Add today's issues.
- Gadgetbridge improvements
- Ombi improvements
Improvement: Monitor today's issues.
- Mkdocs migration to 7.x is giving errors with the search bar and repo stats.
- New: Introduce the Architecture Decision Records.
ADR are short text documents that captures an important architectural decision made along with its context and consequences.
New: Add insights on sleep detection.
The sleep tracking using Gadgetbridge is not good at all. After two nights, the band has not been able to detect when I woke in the middle of the night, or when I really woke up, as I usually stay in the bed for a time before standing up. I'll try with the proprietary application soon and compare results.
New: Explain how to upgrade the firmware.
Improvement: Add insights on sleep tracking.
You can't use the Withings sleep analyzer without their app (as expected), maybe the Emfit QS is the way to go.
New: Introduce the fitness band in your life automation.
Fitness tracker or activity trackers are devices or applications for monitoring and tracking fitness- related metrics such as distance walked or run, calorie consumption, and in some cases heartbeat. It is a type of wearable computer.
Explain also why it's interesting
- New: Introduce project with kalliope.
- New: Explain the Speech-To-Text open source solutions.
New: Explain how to take care of your teeth.
A full guide on why should you take care of your teeth, the description on how the basic oral diseases work, why and how to brush your teeth, floss and usage of mouthwash
Correction: Recommend a regular clean instead of a deep clean.
New: Explain what a deep cleaning is and when should you do it.
Analyze the reasons why would you need to do this procedure, how it works, when you need to do it, side effects and scientific evidences of it's effectiveness.
New: Introduce the anonymous feedback tool to improve diversity, equity and inclusion in an organization.
Anonymous Feedback is a communication tool where people share feedback to teammates or other organizational members while protecting their identities.
Until the safe space is built where direct feedback is viable, anonymous feedback gives these employees a mechanism to raise their concerns, practice their feedback-giving skills, test the waters, and understand how people perceive their constructive (and sometimes critical) opinions, thus building the needed trust.
- New: Explain how to develop your own plugins.
- New: Configure Vim to set the upstream by default when git pushing.
- New: Add more guidelines to reverse engineer the band protocol.
New: Try vim-pencil without success, but love mdnav.
mdnav opens links to urls or files when pressing
enterin normal mode over a markdown link, similar to
gxbut more powerful. I specially like the ability of following
[self referencing link]links, that allows storing the links at the bottom.
New: Explain how to enable clickable navigation sections in your mkdocs repository.
New: Introduce the digital garden concept.
Digital Garden is a method of storing and maintaining knowledge in an maintainable, scalable and searchable way. They are also known as second brains.
New: Introduce the art.
Pilates is a physical fitness system based on controlled movements putting emphasis on alignment, breathing, developing a strong core, and improving coordination and balance. The core (or powerhouse), consisting of the muscles of the abdomen, low back, and hips, is thought to be the key to a person's stability.
Pilates' system allows for different exercises to be modified in range of difficulty from beginner to advanced or to any other level, and also in terms of the instructor and practitioner's specific goals and/or limitations. Intensity can be increased over time as the body adapts itself to the exercises.
You can think of yoga, but without the spiritual aspects.
- It's principles
- The swing from table exercise.
Correction: Deprecate mkdocs issues.
They've been fixed in the last release