Cone is a mobile ledger application compatible with beancount. I use it as part of my accounting automation workflow.
- Download the application from F-droid.
- It assumes that you have a txt file to store the information. As it doesn't yet support the edition or deletion of transactions, I suggest you create the
ledger.txtfile with your favorite mobile editor such as Markor.
- Open the application and load the
To be compliant with my beancount ledger:
- I've initialized the
ledger.txtfile with the
openstatements of the beancount accounts, so the transaction UI autocompletes them.
- Cone doesn't still support the beancount format by default, so in the description of the transaction I also introduce the payee. For example:
* "payee1" "Bought Xinstead of just
If I need to edit or delete a transaction, I change it with the Markor editor.
To send the ledger file to the computer, I use either Share via HTTP or Termux through ssh.
Last update: 2022-04-29