Since the break of my taskwarrior instance I've used a physical calendar to manage the tasks that have a specific date. Can't wait for the first version of
pydo to be finished.
The next factors made me search for a temporal solution:
- It's taking longer than expected.
- I've started using a nextcloud calendar with some friends.
- I frequently use Google calendar at work.
- I'm sick of having to log in Nexcloud and Google to get the day's appointments.
To fulfill my needs the solution needs to:
- Import calendar events from different sources, basically through the CalDAV protocol.
- Have a usable terminal user interface
- Optionally have a command line interface or python library so it's easy to make scripts.
- Optionally it can be based in python so it's easy to contribute
- Support having a personal calendar mixed with the shared ones.
- Show all calendars in the same interface
Looking at the available programs I found
khal, which looks like it may be up to the task.
Go through the installation steps and configure the instance to have a local calendar.
If you want to sync your calendar events through CalDAV, you need to set vdirsyncer.